Date:  Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:34:59 +0200
From: "Berto Monard" <LAGMonar@csir.co.za>
To: Multiple recipients of isn_chat <isn_chat%supernovae.net@mbox.theo.it>
Subject:  NGC 1964

Dear readers,

This is a bit out of topic perhaps but it concerns a reasonably nearby =
galaxy (about 16 Mpc away?) and in view from Northern lattitudes as well.

The core of NGC 1964 looks unusually bright and starlike. This I noticed =
everytime I looked at it since 1998. This, one would expect, ought to be =
due to intense star formation or the sign of an AGN. However I have not =
seen it mentioned as a Seyfert galaxy. Do I miss something here....

Regards,

Berto Monard
Pretoria