Date:  Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:00:53 -0800 (PST)
From: weidong li <weidong@urania.Berkeley.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of isn_chat <isn_chat%supernovae.net@mbox.theo.it>
Subject:  Re: NGC 1964

Hi Berto,

I just checked our KAIT template image of NGC 1964 taken on Sep 17,
1998. The image is quite deep (down to 20.0 mag), and I could see
that there is a foreground star very close to the nucleus of
NGC 1964 (so close that you would miss it as the necleus). It is
probably only 2" from the nucleus.

I also checked our images on Dec 4, 1999. nothing changed. So I suppose
it is the foreground star that you were looking at, not the nucleus.

Cheers,
Dr. Weidong Li
The LicK Observatory Supernova Search (LOSS)
University of California, Berkeley
weidong@urania.berkeley.edu