Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:27:40 +0000
To: owner-meteorobs@jovian.com
From: Steve Harrison <ko0u@os.com>
Subject: UH-OOOHHH

Hi, List Elves:

It appears as if that spammer who passes on the worm virus that I mentioned
yesterday is now picking up MeteorOb postings. I just received the
following. Can't remember whether "Dave Andrews" is a MeteorObs subscriber
or not but he must be. And I can't see how anyone would have picked up my
own address from MeteorObs recently since I haven't posted anything on
MeteorObs for a week or more. The subject line sounds suspicious: when were
the Aries-Triangulids around?? The spammer almost HAS to be poring through
archives, I think.

There's a chance that this message is NOT that wormy-thing, and I'll go
download the whole thing so I can tell. I set my download size to 10 kB and
that's apparently preventing the html from getting through. But the size of
98 KB looks suspicious.

Further, I *don't know* this Dave Andrews, nor have any idea why he'd sent
me an attachment. That's why I'm positive this is that wormy-thing.

I dunno what instructions Lew may have left with you Elves if this happened.

SteveH
Shrewsbury MA