From: watcher@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:05:30 -0700 (MST)
Subject: [amastro] Re: Using O III with higher magnifications ?

I've had the same experience as Rich, that the O III doesn't help on most
extragalactic  H II regions.

One time I was set up with an 18-inch all to myself and great skies, and a
list of knotty galaxies I culled from the Vickers CCD Atlas. I was going
to write this great article about how surprisingly easy these H II regions
were with the O III, but I couldn't find any!

There are some rare exceptions, but straight visual appears to be the
best.

Alister.

------- End of Forwarded Message