[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) [amastro] Re: Update on Filter/Object Comparison Project

Yann, amastro is the 'rival' list I refered to in my last "What is IAAC?"
message: it ranges across a much broader topic area, including CCD imaging,
equipment discussions, photography, deep-sky astrophysics, etc. Jeff Medkeff
founded it in 1997, when I asked him to move his "what is the best eyepiece"
thread elsewhere. As Owen intimates, no public invitations are sent out to
join 'amastro' - the list is far too busy for some to keep up with as it is,
and were the contributors from a broader base of the Internet community, I
think the email volume might well be unmanageable.

You can join 'amstro' directly by going to the following Web site:

    http://www.egroups.com/list/amastro/info.html

I think you in particular will find the list very stimulating. All I plead
is that you continue to cross-post your wonderful observing logs here. :)

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer