[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) M 92 observations

>From: Yann Pothier <yann.pothier@fnac.net>
>To: netastrocatalog-announce@jovian.com
>Subject: (IAAC) M 92 observations
>Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:36:23 +0200
>
>Hi to all,
>
>For next Ciel Extreme's special file (see
>http://www.astrosurf.org/cielextreme/page185F.html for an example on Abell
>78), I need observations on the globular cluster Messier 92. All
>participants will have access to a private web page published at the same
>time as the publication (about early July).
>All observations (written, drawings, photos or ccd images) are welcome, to
>appear on the list or directly to me.

Observer:Kim Gowney
Your skill:5 yr
Date and UT of observation:09/06/00 23:00
Location & latitude:SW Wales UK 51 deg N
Site classification:Rural
Limiting magnitude (visual):4.7
Seeing (1 to 5 - best to worst):3
Moon up (phase?):first quarter
Instrument:8 X 42 Opticron Imagic Binoculars
Magnification:8x
Filters used:none
Object:M92
Category:Globular cluster
Constellation:Hercules
Object data:
RA/DE:
pro6 program I printed out a chart and made comparisons of brightness with
three nearby stars TYC 3098-870-1 mag 6.89,
TYC 3085-346-1 mag 7.23, TYC 3081-980-1 mag 6.75, the estimates were made
easy by defocusing the imgage until the stars diameter was close to that of
the clusters, the cluster was obviously brighter than the 7.23, just
brighter than the 6.89 and only very slightly brighter than the 6.75
which ties in nicely with the given mag of 6.5 for the cluster.
The limiting mag for the bino's was 8.7