[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 604 - Inst: 40" f/5 dob

Someone asked me recently if I can see any hint
of red in ngc 604.  I did not record this in my
original observation so I observed it again
yesterday and did not note any color.  I also
noted that there was little if any improvement
with the orion ultrablock filter.  But I think my
ability to see color is not as good as that of
many other observers.  M42 is bright green to me,
no red.  If I use my imagination I can see a hint
of rust but wouldn't swear to it.  The only
object I can definitely see any color in other
than green or blue is ic 418, and it has both!

Mark