[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 1491 (Emission) - Inst: 14.5" f/4.29 Dob

>I got the feeling it would be pronounced unfiltered in true dark skies.

It is gorgeous, Todd. However, I was amazed when I looked back to find
that the only log I ever submitted on this object was WITHOUT a filter:
even under the (relatively) dark skies of the Berkshire Mountains, it
was logged as an "indistinct blur" with the 20", with roughly the same
range of magnifications you tried.

This Winter, I should return to n1491 and submit a fuller log of it.

Thanks for the great (as always) submissions!
Lew