[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Re: Limiting Magnitude and altitude

Hi Lew Gramer;
I must agree with you about the air depth above the observing site only being one of the limiting factors and not necessarily the dominant one.

I have recently been observing at a near pristine site on the land side of Albemarle sound at sea level in North Carolina. I have repeatedly seen naked eye limiting magnitude less than <7.0 and sub arc seeing. This is extremely good for these 64yr old eyes. These are some of the best skies I have ever experienced including some time in the desert Southwest and lots 0f time in the NC and VA mountains.

Keep up the excellent commentaries. I enjoy reading of your work.

Regards and Clear Skies,
Jim Anderson
(The Maniacal Engineer)