[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Unkn own - Inst: aperture=3.5 700mm Focal Length, tripod mount.

Hi

Sorry about that Kim.

I do not know what exactly I was looking at, but once I located it and then
moved away from it, I could then find it again by going approx 10 degrees to
the south of the star Sabik.  The object was in the same field of view with
a distant star close by.  I believe that the star it is next to is NGC-6171.

I have uploaded a pic from Home Planet that shows the area I spotted the
object.  It can be seen here:

http://www.strato.net/~mwilson/astrology/images/unkobj1.jpg

North is up in the pic.

I am sorry if this is not clear enough, This is the first thing I have
spotted in the sky that I could not find the identity of.  If someone could
look that direction and scan for it, let me know what you see!!

It is very fuzzy compared to the star that it is near and was spotted first
using a pair of binoculars.  I am unsure the power of the binoculars as they
are a friends and he took them home with him.

Mark