[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Unkn own - Inst: aperture=3.5 700mm Focal Length, tr

Not sure but I think I remember reviewing comet coordinated last week, and
one was near Serpens.....

I'm not for sure, and I wouldn't bet on it, but you may wish to review the
current comet coordinates...

http://encke.jpl.nasa.gov/whats_visible.html

I'd review them if I had time, but I'm off for work.......

And one other comment, it may be one of those objects like M5, because the
pictures you are viewing are taken by much larger scopes, and depending on
the quality of the equipment you are using, etc it just might be M5 or
something... I can attest to seeing an object through a really good quality 3
inch scope, and going over to a larger cheapo Galileo scope and would hop
right back to the 3 inch because the view was better... Just another thing to
ponder.......

Regards,
Ted A. Nichols II
Astronomical Society of Harrisburg