[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Changing the long name for IAAC?

Dear, oh, dear.

>www.deepskylog.org

Well, in the immortal words of the great poet Homer... "Doh!!"

Darn it, Dave, Celso et al, I wish I had asked you all sooner.
That *is* a better name... But it *seems* to be too late, as I
called in the domain registration before work this morning. :(

Still, maybe that can be the name for our observing-log list?
Say 'deepskylog@visualdeepsky.org' for the logs, and a simple
'chat@visualdeepsky.org' for all other topics... Thoughts?

Or even better, if we did some kind of voluntary collection,
we might gather sufficient funds ($75) to allow registration
of BOTH of these domain names and alias them to one another?

That way, 'visualdeepsky.org' and 'deepskylog.org' would both
bring the interested surfer to our IAAC Web site. I won't go
to our readership and ASK for such largesse... But if one or
more of my fellow readers were interested enough to help, I
can say I'd happily do the legwork to register both domains.

In any case, a hearty "thank you" to all who have responded
on this topic. We count on your continued interest and input.

(And my apologies if I was a bit too overeager in registering
'visualdeepsky.org', based on what was obviously just the tip
of the iceberg in terms of feedback! TOO much enthusiasm...)

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: