[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: IC 1296 - Inst: 200mm Newt F5

Steve, you are certainly right that i1296 was quite a challenge for Kim
to attempt to log in an 8" telescope! Of course, that is not to say that
it wasn't also worth trying... :) After all, published magnitudes for
deep-sky objects are not too often a reliable indicator of their visi-
bility in amateur telescopes! At least not in my experience. But maybe
others find published V (or even P or other band) magnitudes to be more
useful for their observing planning? If so, we'd enjoy hearing from you!

Clear skies,
Lew

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: