[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 6231, Tr 24, Cr 316 (Sco Lizard, Sco Table, Sco Jewel Box...

Hi Lew,

NGC 6231, Tr 24 - Wow! You really must have a great, unobstructed southern
horizon! Even down at FDO, overlooking the ocean, we'd be looking for a tree
to climb to get a better look at these guys as they pass just 6 degrees above
the horizon when crossing the meridian. (There are no climbable trees, of
course.) I can't say that I've ever seen these clusters, even in binoculars.
My trips to the Caribbean were all at the wrong time of the year - got to
plan that Australian star safari!

By the way, thanks for the link to the clusters website - looks very
promising!

Regards,
Doug Stewart
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: