[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Laptops in the field (was Re: (IAAC) Re: Uranometria)

Sue, I don't use a laptop for astronomy.  I use very basic charts for
the most part and I must say I am very happy not having to carry a ton
of stuff into the night. (Just my 8 inch dob and a few ep's also)

But on the other hand I am very happy to view 10 to 15 objects in the
course of a night, then going into bed and dreaming of what I saw.
(can't do that if I spend 2 seconds on an object then move on to the
next 35)

Big problem with this hobby is all the technical toys everybody likes to
spend their weeks wages on. My motto,  SIMPLE IS NICE.

Stars in your eyes,
Barry Martasian

http://community.webtv.net/Timetrav2/TIMETRAVELERS

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at:

Follow-Ups: References: