[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Laptops in the field (was Re: (IAAC) Re: Uranometria)

Barry,

I agree with your motto. I try to plan in advance and set up a folding table
near my scope. Charts and other stuff on top (along with something to cover
them to reduce  effects of dew).

With regards to computers at the scope - that is only a problem at the Moore
Observatory. The screen doesn't face the computer, but they haven't reduced
the glare which ruins dark adaption at the lowest setting. On the otherhand
having the computer run the scope automatically makes it possible to enjoy
observing the object rather than finding it. I don't mind being lazy and
letting the scope do the work!

Alan G.
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: