[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 7000 (North America nebula, HV-37, LBN47, Sh2-117)...

>I sketched it once if you're interested:
>  http://home.talkcity.com/Terminus/susanfrench/astronomy.html

These are a REALLY lovely group of sketches, Sue! I enjoyed both the clarity,
precision, accuracy, composition and detail of each and every one of them! My
personal favorite was the Veil sketch. It clearly evoked for me one of my own
favorite small-scope Summer pastimes: viewing that entire SNR in one "gulp".

Your grand tour of the Markarian Chain in one field of view is also fine. And
mapping detailed structure in nebulosity around essentially every single one
of the Pleiades in a 4" is just breathtaking! I was proud of myself just for
glimpsing nebulosity around those five stars with a larger 6" scope... :)

( http://www.visualdeepsky.org/netastrocatalog/msg00423.html )

Have you continued to pursue your obvious passion for sketching, Sue? If so,
are there any other treasure-troves of your work lying hidden round the Web?

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: