[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) RE: Art/Not art (was: NGC 7000 etc.)

Greetings to all !

Well it seems like my suggestion that sketching one's observations was not
art was badly received. OK, I admit that there is a form of art in there, as
to the style, AND that "still life" and "landscapes" pictures/paintings ARE
art indeed.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Ronald Stoyan's murals, but I sure would be
very curious. Any picture of these online? URL please? Non-astronomically,
have you ever seen one of André Roger's murals? He was the fastest painter
in the world, and these were good looking, too... OK sorry for that OT
part...

Rich, I would REALLY like to attend one of your workshops, hopefully some
day you'll come close to my hometown, for my money is not very abundant
(sometimes I seriously wonder what I'm doing in astronomy...) and I couldn't
travel alot... :-(

But what I think I really need is just a few nights of observing out in the
country. Since I don't have a car and my "dark"-sky site is no better than
about 4 on Bortle's scale, let's just say I can't see much, consequently not
draw much either. But I should be trying soon... hopefully...

Waiting for clouds to go away while my friends and I aren't working the next
day and there's no full Moon (sigh!)...

Pierre Paquette
Montréal (Québec)

Que les étoiles -et rien d'artificiel- brillent au bout de votre route
May the Stars -and Nothing Artificial- Shine Upon the End of Your Road