[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Visible Comet

Just wanted all of you to know (If you didn't already), there is a comet in the sky right now visible in 7x50 binoculars as well as my little 3.5 inch reflecting scope.  It is C-2000 WM1 Linear and is located real close to NGC 1060 (I believe it is just east of NGC 1060)

I have been watching it for the last couple nights and it is in a new location each night, following it's expected path.

For me here in Lehigh Acres Florida it pretty much is right overhead and clearly visible.  I am excited because this is the first ever comet I managed to find!!!!!!!!!

Here is the info on it:

Right ascension: 2h 48m 11.2s

Declination: +31° 22' 54"

I got those off of skymap pro, which is pretty accurate as far as the location goes.

Clear Skies!!

Mark Wilson

mwilson@epeople.com

mwilson@strato.net