[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Negative Logs

Greetings:

Might I suggest that the negative log guidelines be posted
so we can refer to them in the future?

I certainly have one candidate--until recently I could not,
for the life of me, find M78. I knew I had the correct
field--I could see the pair of stars that are "embedded"
there--but I could not see the nebulosity.

This persisted across multiple instruments--a TV85, a
Celestron 8" Starhopper, a 10" LX200 and a 15" StarMaster.

It wasn't until I had delivered the StarMaster to its new
owner and we were observing at the GPSP that I finally
spotted that puppy. Yep, I checked the field, there were
those stars...and finally there was that nebula! Amazing
the difference between central NJ trapped between two light
domes and the relative dark of Kansas!

;)

Fred Kiesche