[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Epsilon Ori - Inst: 10" F4.8 Equatorial mount GP/DX

Thanks Kim
I had wondered about this especially as you say where there are rich fields. i shall try again next time out. just a final question are stars considerd OK to LOG on the IAAC as i was unsure. I am still having the devils own job with many of the fuzzies, But find star observing helps me a. learn the sky and my telescope and b stops me having so many unsuccesful nights :-)

barry.

> Hi Barry, I checked out Epsilon Orion to see if it was a tight double, but in fact it is a very wide pair, the last official observation was made in 1986 at which time the seperation between AB was 175.5" at PA 59 deg, and mag A 1.7 mag B 10.5, in fields as rich as the Orion field it can be a challenge identifying the true B component when the seperation is as wide as this. Info was from Skymap, which uses the WDS catalogue.
> Hope this is of some use to you!
> Regards, Kim Gowney.

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: