[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Your deep sky projects

I am developing a talk for an astronomy meeting on deep sky-related projects
by amateurs. I am interested in collecting information on what projects YOU
are doing. It can include:
*Observing projects (telescope aperture info needed)
*Imaging projects ( "       "       ")
*"Mining" resources on the web

The more unusual, the better! You can respond to me directly or to the group,
since I am sure others would be interested.

For example, I used to be active in using a darkroom to correct the
inclination of spiral galaxies to make them look face-on. This project was
done in the early 1980's but I have not tried to do it with computers - the
way to go today. I have an album with over a dozen "corrected" galaxies (the
record being NGC7640 inclined 89 degrees, but as an open-arm barred spiral it
is possible).

Thanks in advance for your input!
Alan Goldstein
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: