[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Fireball reports on IAAC (was Re: IAAC now accessible via...)

Just a quick note, folks. I actually run TWO email lists:
one (this one) is all about deep-sky observing - galaxies,
star clusters, and the like... And I run ANOTHER email list
called 'meteorobs', all about - you guessed it - meteors! :)
  http://www.meteorobs.org
  http://www.namnmeteors.org

Whenever our IAAC readers observe a very bright meteor (they
are called "fireballs" if they are brighter than Jupiter), I
want to encourage you to report what you saw on line, at:
  http://www.namnmeteors.org/fireball/report.html

And remember that a very bright fireball may VERY OCCASIONALLY
be seen over a wider region - but normally any one such event
is localized to a few US States, or one Canadian Province...

One last note: Remember that many (most?) IAAC readers are
here to discuss one particular topic - the Deep-Sky. So when
possible, be courteous to them and try to stay on our topic.

Thanks again to all of you for your continued participation!

Clear skies,

Lew Gramer, IMO, NAMN, Webb Society, NDSOS, ATMoB, NSAAC
owner-meteorobs@atmob.org
owner-netastrocatalog@atmob.org
owner-nsaac@nsaac.org
Webmaster: http://www.meteorobs.org