[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (IAAC) Fwd: Binary Stars Charts

I agree with you all! NSOG (or "Kepple & Sanner" as I call it),
is probably the best deep-sky compendium ever compiled - though
I STILL find myself referring to my much dew-damaged old copy of
the "Observing Handbook and Catalogue of Deep-Sky Objects" - or
"Luginbuhl & Skiff", which I find easier to remember! :) And of
course, no library is complete without our old friend, Burnham's
Celestial Handbook... If you enjoy the poetry of the night sky
as much as the visual beauty of it, there's just no replacement.

Anyhow, all of these magisterial references can get pretty heavy
if you're setting up at (let alone HIKING to) a dark-sky site...
So sometimes a "handy reference" like the Binary Star Charts from
Anacortes, or one of the Webb Society atlases, is JUST the thing. :)

Clear skies,
Lew

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: