[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 2264 - Inst: 200mm Newtonian F5

Blimey, where has this report been lurking??? I actually sent this in near
the date listed, but I am NOT  rex516@aussiemail.net ??? I checked my log on
Skymap and sure enough it's the exact same wording, my observation, Rex has
hijacked my observation!! Help!! will he require a ransom?? how many more of
my classic comments will appear under his dastardly banner??? watch this
space !
(all in good humour folks of course!!)

Kim Gowney.

> ----
>
> Observation Poster: NGC 2264 <rex516@aussiemail.net>
>
> Observer: NGC 2264
> Your skills: Beginner (< one year)
> Date/time of observation: 7 April 2002
> Location of site: Sutton, West Wales  (Lat 51 48 N, Elev 05 03 W)
> Site classification: Rural
> Sky darkness: 8  <Limiting magnitude>
> Seeing: 5 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
> Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
> Instrument: 200mm Newtonian F5
> Magnification:
> Filter(s): OIII H-Beta
> Object(s): NGC 2264
> Category: Emission nebula.
> Class: II 3 m:n
> Constellation: Mon
> Data: mag 3.9  size 20.0'
> Position: RA 06  :41  DEC +09:54
> The cluster seems mainly composed of bright stars from mag 7 to mag 9,
with
> one bright star dominating the group (S Mon), there was some nebulosity
associated
> with this star, but nothing of the cone or the rest of the neb was visible
> even using OIII or H Beta filters.
>
> --
> Optional related URLs: http://www.aussiemail.net
> ** This observing log automatically submitted via the Web from:
>   http://www.visualdeepsky.org/enter-log.html
> To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at:
> http://www.visualdeepsky.org/subscribe.html

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: