[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Burnham's Stars

I hope this is the right place to discuss this, I have been using the
Program Celestia (http://ennui.shatters.net/celestia/) along with Skymap
Pro9 and Burnham's handbook to explore the Local Galaxie area in 3D, mainly
with a view to seeing double stars in their "environment" so to speak, I
happened to start with Book 1 Andromeda and had got to Almach, Gamma And,
which Burnham has listed as a K2 or K3 Star, but which both Celestia and
Skymap list as a B8V, this seems quite a difference, what could have led
earlier Astronomers to list it as a K type?

Kim Gowney.

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at:

Follow-Ups: References: