[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 604 - Inst: 200mm Newtonian

Aren't there actually mapped features of the Milky Way which are
essentially this large, Paul - but are too diffuse to be readily
observed visually? I'd always understood the huge nebulous area
around the Gum Nebula to represent a single identifiable entity.
And long-exposure, wide-angle images of Orion make most of that
constellation's area of the sky appear to be one vast nebula...

This is a really interesting topic - related (kinda) to visual
observing, but also stimulating a real sense of wonder for me!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: