[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 604 - Inst: 200mm Newtonian

I read somewhere that deep-sky objects would not appear any brighter to
the eye if we were able to travel to them, because their light would be
spread out, so their surface brightness would remain the same... So NGC
604 (that H II region in M 33) would be HUGE, granted, but not bright.

Funny, we have a discussion about visibility of deep-sky objects at the
same time on a French-speaking (but Quebec-located) mailing list I
belong to...

Pierre Paquette
Montréal (Québec)
http://starpete.freewebspace.com
Que les étoiles ---et rien d'artificiel--- brillent au bout de votre
route !
May the stars ---and nothing artificial--- shine upon the end of your
road!
Que las estrellas ---y nada artificial--- te illuminen hasta el final de
tu camino!
Resplendento Stellæ ---unque artificiale nihil--- tua via finiendo!