[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) NGC2313 a Dark Nebula??

I am not sure if you have taken a look at this site

http://www.ngcic.com/ngcicdb.asp

it doesn't have a magnitude, but it does say that it is a bright nebula and
in the catalog notes it says that it is a diffuse nebula and a star. Thought
that might be of some help in identifying the object. Best of luck!

Kyle

>From: "Kim Gowney" <kapeji@sniffout.com>
>To: <netastrocatalog-announce@atmob.org>
>Subject: (IAAC) NGC2313 a Dark Nebula??
>Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:41:54 +0100
>
>Something I like to do is collect images of the NGC list, I do this via the
>DSS and then "enhance" the images in photoshop so that they have a dark
>background and blue-white stars, so that to a certain extent is replicates
>the view in the eyepiece.
>
>It was while performing this part of the hobby that I came across NGC2313,
>which is listed in the new NGC/IC catalogue as a dark nebulae, yet the
>image
>clearly shows something that is distinctly bright and nebulous, checking
>through the observations of Steve Gottlieb that he made for the NGC/IC
>project I see the object is not listed, as such I have no Idea what the
>magnitude of the bright "thing" is, or even what it is, and also where is
>the dark neb? on the DSS image there was no area that looked any darker
>than
>any other.
>
>This is a link to a colourized version of the DSS image, no other
>adjuatments ahve been made.
>
>http://members.sniffout.net/winder185/Images/ngc2313-orig.GIF
>
>Saguaro Astronomy clubs list has it as a difuse nebula.
>
>Anyone had a look at this before?
>
>To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at:
>http://www.visualdeepsky.org/subscribe.html

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at: