comment in the weblog there!

  From: msussman23@yahoo.com   (Thu Feb 12 14:15:09 2004)
  Hey - congratulations on the new nebula! As a fellow
  amateur, I can only guess how enthralling this must be.
  I was thinking - if the object is really some kind of
  protostar, then it should have showed up previously on
  deep infrared images. So, I checked out the 2MASS
  website, and you can see McNeil's nebula on one of
  their older images! Look:
   http://www.ipac.caltech.edu/2mass/gallery/m78atlas.jpg

Very intriguing to compare the distinctive views of this area
of the sky at different wavelengths.

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer