(IAAC) Re: IAAC - The Internet Amateur Astronomer's Catalogue

Bernhard-here's completed observation.  I just got a 70mm Tele Vue Ranger
and quite impressed with it.  I just with the weather would cooperate more!
Happy skyhunting!- Randy Yee

Observer: R. Yee
your skills: Beginner
Date and UT of observation: June 6, 1996 ; 4:01 UT
Location: State College, PA  USA
Site classification: Rural
Limiting magnitude (visual): 5
Seeing (from 1 to 5): 2
moon up/phase: No
Instrument: 70mm refractor f/6.8
Magnification: 64X (Plossl), 128X (Plossl w/barlow)
Filters used: None
Object: 39 Bootes
Category: Double Star
Constellation: Bootes
Object diameter: Sep. 2.9"; P.A. 45
RA/DE(2000): 14h 49.7m +48 43'
using the 40mm (Plossl) eyepiece at 12X.  It was barley resolved at 64X
using averted vision but very distinct at 128X.  These mag 6-7 stars looked
whitish and made a very nice looking pair.