(IAAC) Object: M56 - Instrument: C8 SCT 203mm f/10

Observer: Bernhard Rems
Your skills: Intermediate
Date and UT of Observation: 1989-10-16, 22:00 UT
Location: Wien 48o13'  North
Site classification: City
Limiting magnitude: unknown
Seeing: 3 - fair
Moon up: yes, third quarter
Instrument: C8 SCT 203mm f/10
Magnification: 72x
Filters used: none
Object: M56
Category: Globular cluster
Constellation: Lyr
Data: ?
RA/DE: 19h15m   +30o08
(17 days old) and you live under somewhat lightpolluted skies. M56 was
nothing but a very faint hazy patch of light and absolutely unimpressive.
No structure, of course no sign of resolution. I have seen this globular
from dark skies - what a difference! I tried the 7mm Ploessl to gain some
contrast, but it didn't help in any way.

## CrossPoint v3.11 R ##