(IAAC) Object: M11 - Instrument: Celestron Celestar 8 SCT - 203mm f/10

Observer: Bernhard Rems
Your skills: Intermediate
Date and UT of Observation: 1996-08-01, 20:10 UT
Location: Wien 48o13'  North
Site classification: City
Limiting magnitude: about 4 mag or less
Seeing: 3 - fair
Moon up: no
Instrument: Celestron Celestar 8 SCT - 203mm  f/10
Magnification: 59x
Filters used: none
Object: M11
Category: Open cluster
Constellation: Sct
Data: Diam.: 14.' Mag.: 5.8 mag
RA/DE: 18h51m   -06o16'
the Celestar 8 and a 40mm Ploessl, but a great number of stars was already
visible. After having seen this cluster under much darker skies in the
city with my 4.25" newtonian, I have to say that those 4 more inches DO
make a difference.  M11 was just a haze in the 4.25", with the 8" SCT it
was like tiny pinholes in a grey velvet. The famous V shape was buried in
the shere number of stars that surrounded a brighter star just in the
middle of the cluster.

## CrossPoint v3.11 R ##