(IAAC) Object: M15 Instrument: 16" Dobnewt

Observer:  Todd Gross
Your skill:  Intermediate
Date and UT of observation: 7/5/97 0740 GMT
Location & latitude: 22 miles west of Boston, Ma. 42.3N
Site classification: Suburban

Limiting magnitude (visual): 4.8 (estimated) 4.7(est) in vicinity of object
Seeing (1 to 5 - best to worst):  3
Moon up (phase?): No
Instrument: 16" Dob, 96%, 99% coatings, Televue binoviewer
Magnifications:  232x, binoviewer (using 2 30mm Ultimas + 3.8x magnification
on barlow)
Filters used: none
Object: M15
Constellation:
Object data: Globular
RA/DE:

This is yet another astounding view. Even as twilight commenced,
this tight globular was perfect in my suburban skies. Symetrically
resolved, except in the very center where it was clearly "lumpy" with
unresolved stars touching each other. The super-dense core was strikingly
tighter than other globulars, yet resolution was significant except at the
very center. In fact, the clump of unresolved central stars, resembled the
shape of the letter "r", except inverted. (more like an L in my inverted view).

- Todd
BOSTON TV METEOROLOGIST TODD GROSS
Weather/Astronomy Home Page: http://www.weatherman.com
Administrator, Meade Advanced Product User Group: mapug@shore.net
Administrator, New England Weather Observer Mail List, wxobs-sne@shore.net
IRC Channel Operator: #Weather, #Sciastro (Undernet)
Originator of the NE.WEATHER newsgroup
Email: toddg@weatherman.com    Work Phone# (617)725-0777