(IAAC) OBJECT: NGC7635 (bubble nebula) INST: 16" Dob-newt

Observer:  Todd Gross
Your skill:  Intermediate
Date and UT of observation: 08/01/97 0750 GMT
Location & latitude: 22 miles west of Boston, Ma. 42.3N
Site classification: Suburban

Limiting magnitude (visual): 5 (estimated) 5(est) in vicinity of object
Seeing (1 to 10 - worst-best):  5
Moon up (phase?): Yes, thin crescent
Instrument: 16" Dob, 96%, 99% coatings
Magnifications:  61,122,263
Filters used: UHC
Object: NGC7635
Constellation: Cyg.
Object data: Planetary (?) nebula

In scanning the sky near M52, I was able to pick up a very weak, round
nebulous area surrounding a moderately bright, approximately 9th magnitude
star. However, at highest power I began to see  evidence of detail, although
not exactly a "bubble". The round glow was much more evident at
higher power in my suburban skies. A somewhat comma shaped appearance began
to become evident, with a tail-like extension coming down on one
side of the circular glow.

- Todd
BOSTON TV METEOROLOGIST TODD GROSS
Weather/Astronomy Home Page: http://www.weatherman.com
Administrator, Meade User Group: mapug@shore.net & NE Weather Watcher Mail
List, wxobs-sne@shore.net
IRC Channel Operator: #Weather, #Sciastro (Undernet)      //     Originator
of the NE.WEATHER newsgroup
Email: toddg@weatherman.com    Work Phone# (617)725-0777