(IAAC) Obj: NGC 4608 - Inst: 20" f/5 Tectron dobsonian

----

Observer: Lew Gramer
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 1998-01-01/02 09:40 UT
Location of site: Deerfield, OH, USA (Lat 41N, Elev )
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 6.8 (cirrus) <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 20" f/5 Tectron dobsonian
Magnification: 70x, 210x
Filter(s): None
Object(s): NGC 4608
Category: External galaxy
Class: SB(r)0a
Constellation: Vir
Data: mag 11.0  size 3.2'x2.7
Position: RA 12:41  DEC +10:09
After my early-morning "farmer's wakeup", I dragged my much-
battered and muddied 20" out of my host's barn, and began a
machine-gun series of observations in Virgo's "nebular realm"
(see previous log for M104) as twilight rapidly approached!
--
My tour of the Virgo Cluster proper began at rho Vir, sited
a few degrees W of Vindemiatrix (epsilon Vir). A lovely wide