Constellation: CAS
Data: mag 6.4  size 13'
Position: RA 01:19  DEC +58:20
This excellent cluster appears to include Phi Cas, that is not the truth it is
just a foreground star.  In the 11X80 finder I saw 8 stars around Phi Cas.
100X in the 13"--I counted 78 stars, the cluster is bright, large, rich,
compressed and fills up half the field of view.  The stars are of mags 7 and
dimmer.  At 150X the cluster is 75 percent of the field and it appears that
all the stars are resolved at this power.  There is no fuzzyness to the
background.  There is a nice orange star of about 10th mag. on the NW side
of the cluster.