Constellation: Hya
Data: mag 8.6  size 35"
Position: RA 10:24  DEC -18:38
This nebula is a small to medium sized planetary that is fairly easy
to distinquish from surrounding stars at low powers.  It was a vivid
blueish green at 76X.  The central bright area was slightly triangular
in shape with a small darker "lane" visible on the SE side extending
outward from the center.  In addition a slightly mottled edge was
noticed with averted vision on the W to SW edge of the brighter
center.  A dimmer outer halo was uneven in brightness with a brighter,
denser portion on the N side. The halo was elongated a bit to the SE.
The central star was not visible.

This planetary is fun to observe because of all the minute and subtle
details.  A very captivating object.  I probably spent over an hour
describing, sketching and just plain admiring the thing.  All this
excitement, I'm sure, is due to the 2 hour sucker hole that opened up
at midnight!! I've had just about enough of El Nino this year, thanks!