Constellation: AND
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Since it was so clear, I decided to check out the Great Galaxy in
Andromeda, M31, and see if I could see any dust lanes in it.  I saw a
feature on the M110 (a small elliptical satellite galaxy of M31) side of
the M31 oval where the light dropped abruptly, as if it was an edge.  This
edge was not on the M32 (a tiny, compact elliptical satellite galaxy) side.
Although I could not see light on the other side of the edge, I'm pretty
sure that this was a dust lane boundary.

Also, I can see quite a bit more detail in the central core of M31 than is
usually seen in photos, because the photos are always overexposed.  There
is a very bright point of light in the exact center M31 oval.  I've never
seen this in any photo.  It is significantly brighter than the rest of the
galaxy.  M32 showed a similar bright stellar center.