Constellation: Car
Data: mag ?, 5.0  size 120'x120', 10'
Position: RA 10:45  DEC -59:41
Eta Carina is unmistakeably naked eye, a bright, elongated
glow in the Milky Way.  Using the 10X50 binocs it is a large
and bright nebulosity that is cut into two almost equal parts
by a V-shaped dark lane.  There are 12 stars involved within
the nebula.  With averted vision the outer, dimmer portions
of this huge nebula are seen.  All together this nebulous
complex is about 2 degrees is size.  Using a friends' 16X80
binoculars for a peek, I counted 16 stars involved and the
glow of the nebula is easily half of the field of view,
I estimate 2 degrees in size.  The star Eta Carina is
yellow-orange in color, using the big binoculars.