(IAAC) 3C273 - 8inch F/10

Observer: Yann POTHIER (France)
Your skill: advanced (many years)
Date and UT of observation: 10 March 92, ab.02hTU
Location & latitude: La Clapiere Obs. (France, latN44 40 00, longE06 27 36)
Site classification: rural, alt.1650m (5500ft)
Limiting magnitude (visual): 6,0
Seeing (1 to 5 - best to worst): 2
Moon up (phase?): no
Instrument: Meade 8inch F/10
Magnification: 87x, 100x, 145x
Filters used: no
Object: 3C 273
Category: quasar
Constellation: Vir
Object data:  v12.8 - starlike diam 0.5"
RA/DE: 12h29.1m, +0203'
some deeper finder charts, not so faint at about mag13; a mag14 star
appears 2' to the NO; after this finding, it was readily visible on averted
vision at 87x and 100x.

Are quasars part of the deep sky ? I believe so (extreme deep sky at some
billions light-years away...) but will let Lew decide.

I can provide a scanned drawing of 3C273 to anyone who can read the binhex
encoding of Eudora (for Mac); just mail me to try
(ypothier@abi.snv.jussieu.fr), it works sometimes with other
configurations...

Yann Pothier	tel: 01 43 41 43 29
11 impasse Canart, 75012 PARIS, FRANCE