(IAAC) Obj: M78 - Inst: MEADE ETX 3.5" MAK

----

Observer: Brad DeMille
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 3/29/98 9:10 MST
Location of site: IVINS, UTAH (Lat 37.4, Elev 3200)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 7 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Seeing: 8 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: MEADE ETX 3.5" MAK
Magnification: 66
Filter(s):
Object(s): M78
Category: Reflection nebula.
Class: diffuse
Constellation: Orion
Data: mag 8.3  size 8X6
Position: RA 5:46.7  DEC +00:03
Difficult to see this one tonight. I have easily observed it on other
nights. I passed by this faint nebula on the first try. On the second
try, I was able to see the nebulosity--I wouldn't have noticed it if I
weren't familiar with the stars around M78. Difficult to see much
tonight except that it is there.