Constellation: ORI
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Unfortunately, I have poor viewing to the south which is towards the local
down town, so the Orion nebula continues to diappoint.  It is visble only as
a faint smudginess around theta1 and theta2 orionis.  If I didn't know that I
was looking for a nebula, I'd have attributed it to being a little out of
focus.  This night was after an unseaonably warm day, so the seeing was rather
poor and the skyglow was unusually bad, but in general I've never got
significantly better views of this object.

Very fine view of the tiny, tiny cresent moon this night.