Constellation: Lep
Data: mag 9.3  size 14" x 11"
Position: RA 05:27  DEC -12:42
Hi, Chuck (Layton)!
I observed IC 418 several years ago in my 13" f/5.6.  At 100X it was
just barely recognized as non-stellar.  Going to 270X I called it:
pretty bright, small, round and the central star was easy.  At high
power it was a nice greenish glow around an easy central star.
This planetary does have pretty high surface brightness.