(IAAC) Obj: NGC 6441 - Inst: 6" f/5

----

Observer: Derrick Lim
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: June, 1998 1:30am local time (GMT -7)
Location of site: Tempe, AZ (Lat +33:24:54, Elev ??)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4.5 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: Major - gibbous or near object
Instrument: 6" f/5
Magnification: 38X and 75X
Filter(s): none
Object(s): NGC 6441
Category: Globular cluster.
Class: Class 3 (1-most condensed, 10-least condensed)
Constellation: Sgr
Data: mag 7.4  size 7.8'
Position: RA 17:50  DEC 37:3
This cluster is located right next to the bright star G scorpii. My first
impression of this cluster when I saw it with 38X magnification is "Wow! It's
really bright!!". I could see it clearly without using averted vision. At 75X
It appears even brighter. I tried to see whether the cluster was resolved at
this power, but the moon was too bright. However, I did notice some condensation
in this globular. I also noticed a star (about 9th or 10th magnitude??) to the
SW.