Constellation: Sco
Data: mag   size
Position: RA 16:38  DEC -29:42
Fairly easily found. This pair forms a rectangle with Antares, tau Sco, and
SAO 184301 that allowed me to point fairly close with my finder, even though it
wasnt visible (at least as a double star) in my finder. Then a little bit of
sweeping brought this into view. It was easily split, even in the low power EP.
I estimated the separation at 36 by timing the interval it took for first one
member, then the other, to disappear from the field of view and then doing a
little math. A rough visual of the PA is 2400. The brighter member, an estimated
mag 6, appeared a pale yellow, while the dimmer member was estimated about mag 5,
and seemed to be bluish, although I am not totally sure of this.
--
Optional related URLs: