Constellation: Lyr
Data: mag 8.8  size 70" X 150"
Position: RA 18:53  DEC +33:02
After a rainy day with strong winds the sky cleared up wonderfully with one of
the darkest skies I have seen this year.

M57 was easily found and at low power was a nice smooth disc with a
somewhat darker center.

At 244X M57 appeared as a large oval donut-shaped nebula with a darker center,
but not completely dark. The ring itself was very bright and not the same
'thickness' everywhere. The central star was not seen in my 8".

--
Optional related URLs: