(IAAC) Obj: Epsilon Lyra - Inst: 102 mm f/9.8 and 70 f/6.8 Achromatics refractors

----

Observer: Luis Arguelles
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: July,19,1998 - 21:30 UT
Location of site: Santander - Spain (Lat , Elev )
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4.5 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 5 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 102 mm f/9.8 and 70 f/6.8 Achromatics refractors
Magnification: 25x, 50x, 96x, 100x, 200x
Filter(s):
Object(s): Epsilon Lyra
Category: Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Lyr
Data: mag 6.02  size
Position: RA :  DEC :
This typical double is clearly split with the 4" refractor at 100x and
also with the 70mm Ranger at 96x. This is rather remarkable, taking
into account that there is haze in the sky.

All the 4 components from this multiple star appear as white-yellow,
except one of them that appears as white-blue.

On July, 21st, I  again observed Epsilon Lyra and I noted that the
tightest components are rendered as elongations using the 4" refractor
at only 50x! Several minutes later I observed a split using this power.

In the field of view, I note another star (GSC-3122-1635) and I
estimate a magnitude of about 10. Consulting it in my databases, I
find that this star has 9.41 magnitude.
--
Optional related URLs: http://members.tripod.net/~whuyss