Constellation: Pup
Data: mag 6.1  size 27'.0
Position: RA 07:42  DEC -14:49
Another fine cluster in Puppis, M46 is about as large as M47 but without
as many bright stars. Overall appearance is richer than M47.

No positive ID for the planetary nebula NGC 2438 on the edge of M46 although
I suspected a small fuzzy looking star at about the right position. The southern
declination prevented a clearer look at this nebula.
--
Optional related URLs: http://home.wxs.nl/~geldo006/home.html