(IAAC) Obj: NGC 1535 - Inst: 8" f/10 SCT

[
Sorry to take so long forwarding a local deep-sky enthusiast's fine observing
log for this Eridanus planetary. Marion, please feel free to contribute more!
-Lew Gramer
]

Observer: Marion Hochuli
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 7/8 Feb 1999
Location of site: West of Boston, MA, USA (Lat 42N)
Site classification: Exurban
Sky darkness: Not specified.
Seeing: Not specified.
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 8" f/10 C-8 SCT
Magnification: 120x, 160x, 200x
Filter(s): None, OIII
Object(s): NGC 1535
Object category: Planetary Nebula.
Object class: 4+2c
Constellation: Eri
Object data: mag 9.6 12.24m*  size 18"/44" round
Position: 041415.78-124421.6
Hi Lew & Steve,
I observed the above in my C-8 last Sunday, Monday & Tuesday nights along with
several other planetaries from my patio. I found NGC 1535 to be quite bright &
easy to spot.  The OIII did nothing. Found it was good with my 17mm Plossl.
Fuzzy around the edges. Round. It was big & bright in my 10mm Plossl.
Questionable central star.  Also nice with my 12.5mm Orthoscopic.
Happy observing,
Marion Hochuli